Park Rules For Holiday Home owners
Pipers Height and Clifton Fields Park Rules.
These rules may seem multitudinous, but they do result from years of experience in trying to provide the environment in which most of our customers wish to enjoy their holiday home – they are for all our benefit. Please read these rules and regulations and keep them in a safe place and remember to show them to all visitors to your caravan. Whilst every reasonable effort has been made to identify and minimise any risk to visitors to our parks, of injury to themselves or damage to their property, all visitors should be aware of maintaining both their own health and safety, in and around the park and that of others. Please report any breaches of these rules to the office. Please note these rules form part of your License Agreement and continued breach of these rules will result in you losing the right to keep your holiday home on Pipers Height & Clifton Fields.
1. A 10mph speed limit for all vehicles must be adhered to throughout the park.
2. The proprietors reserve the right to refuse admission or sale to any person. Any unauthorised person will be asked to leave the park immediately.
3. Hiring or sub-letting of any Holiday Home is strictly forbidden. Holiday Homes may be loaned to members of the owner’s immediate family. Holiday Home owners are responsible for the conduct and behavior of their visitors always and should ensure they have read these rules.
4. A smoke alarm, a carbon monoxide alarm and a suitable fire extinguisher must be installed in your Holiday Home and be in full working order and regularly inspected.
You must not bring any pets or animals when you visit the park except the following:
• no more than 2 dog(s) (other than any of the breeds subject to the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991).
• no more than 2 domestic cat(s).
Dogs and cats are not permitted in the following areas of the park:
• The Pied Piper Clubhouse
• The Launderette
• The Shower and utility building
• The children’s play park
You must tell us before you visit the park if you plan to bring any pet or animal and answer any reasonable question about them and their suitability for our park environment. If we are not satisfied that the pet or animal is suitable for our park environment, we may tell you that you cannot bring them. This is because we cannot allow the safety of others to be put at risk.
Any pet or animal you bring must be supervised by and under the control of you, or of a responsible adult in your party, always. This means you may not leave any pet or animal unsupervised in the caravan or anywhere on the park at any time nor may you leave any pet or animal under the supervision of any person aged under 18. These rules apply even if the pet or animal knows the park well and you believe them to be well-behaved.
If you do not supervise and control any pet or animal, we are likely to ask you to remove it from the park straight away. This is because we cannot allow the safety of others to be put at risk.
If you see another pet or animal anywhere on the park which does not appear to be supervised by and under the control of a responsible adult, or whose behaviour gives a cause for concern please tell us straight away.
You must not exercise dogs off lead on the park, unless you are on the designated dog field.
You must always keep any dog on a short lead on the park.
You must clean up if your animal defecates on the park. We operate a zero-tolerance of this offence and if seen not picking up after your pet you will be asked to leave the park!
Your Licence Agreement (5) contains undertakings not to cause any nuisance, undue noise or disturbance. These extend to the behaviour of pets and animals.
Nothing in these Park Rules prevents you or any member of your party from bringing an assistance dog to the park, or from using the dog exactly as at home, if this is required to support a disability and Assistance Dogs UK or any successor body has issued an Identification Book or other appropriate evidence.
6. The installation of any alarm or other security system is not permitted on the park.
7. Gardens and pots must be kept tidy. No fences, sheds, dog kennels, verandas or storage containers which are not supplied by us to be erected. Any alterations to your plot without the consent of the proprietor will be removed and you will be charged for the removal and disposal. No garden gnomes, statutory signs, streamers. Solar lights must be kept to a maximum of three. All BBQ, s must be covered with a BBQ cover after use.
8. Please do not plant any shrubs or trees.
9. Any electrical faults which occur from the main switch within your Holiday Home are your responsibility and all costs for any repairs will be charged to you.
10. All Holiday Homes will be fitted with an approved electricity pre-pay supply meter. Top up pre-payment cards may only be purchased from reception.
11. Any faults which occur on the water supply or plumbing system beyond the mains inlet stop tap are your responsibility and all costs for any repairs will be charged to the owner.
12. Please note to avoid possible overload of the electrical system there shall be no installation of washing machines or tumble dryers in Holiday Homes or storage
units, these facilities are provided in the main laundry room.
Holiday Homes that have washing and drying machines fitted by the manufactures are permitted. However, we do not permit the fitting of washing machines to holiday homes not designed for said machine.
13. Clotheslines are NOT permitted on the park. One window maiden may be used.
14. No advertising or sales of items are permitted on the park. This includes decking and steps.
15. EXTERNAL FIRES OR FIRE PITS ARE STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. Controlled barbecues are permitted.
16. The parks address must not be used for the delivery of mail or parcels. No home delivery permitted I.E Tesco
17. You must treat all our team with respect and dignity. They are here to help you as best they can. Abuse in any form will not be tolerated. If anyone persistently acts in a manner likely to upset other users of the park or members of our team, will be asked to leave the park.
18. The proprietors will inspect Holiday Homes annually and reserve the right to request the removal of any Holiday Home which the owner fails to maintain to the required standard. Before taking such action, due notice shall be given, and reasonable time allowed for defects to be remedied. Caravan must be kept clean on the exterior with no visible alterations to its external appearance.
19. Children must not be allowed to play in the amenities block, laundry room, around other customers caravans, or on the garden areas or trees. Children under 18 must be accompanied and stay with their parents or other persons who are legally responsible. The adults are responsible for the children’s behaviour, which should always be supervised and accompanied to the toilet and playground. Ball games are also prohibited unless in the designated area.
20. Hover boards and any other powered ride on toys are banned throughout the park. Please do not encourage their use by bringing them. Bicycles and manual powered toys are permitted but the child must observe the park speed limits.
21. Notwithstanding any liability under the Occupiers Liability Act 1997 or otherwise, all Holiday Homes, motor cars, vehicles of all descriptions and their contents are permitted to enter the Holiday Home Park at the owners’ risk. The proprietors will accept no responsibility for any damage occasional to such property or for any injury to any licensee, members of his or her family or friends whilst on the park howsoever caused.
22. The washing of vehicles and caravans using a hose pipe is not permitted, please use buckets!
Water is metered to the park and is expensive. So, wasting water costs money and is reflected in your rates bill.
23. Decking cannot be constructed by the holiday home owner. Only our approved contractors may erect decking. This list of contractors can be found in reception.
24. All groundwork, I.E flagging etc. must be completed by our contractors and not by the holiday home owner.
25. The flying of drones and any other airborne toys are prohibited anywhere on the park.
24. During the time of the short season closed period, holiday homes may only be visited for maintenance and upkeep purposes during reception hours. Please note that from the 14th February – 1st March the parks are closed and under no circumstances will there be access to your holiday home. Do not ask as refusal often offends.
25. Please respect the privacy of other Caravan Owners and please keep noise to a minimum, with absolute quiet between 11:00pm and 8:00am.
26. Alcoholic drinks may only be consumed in and around the immediate vicinity of your holiday home or of a holiday home in which you are a guest. No drinking is allowed in the communal areas of the Park. The consumption of alcoholic drinks before driving is prohibited. Anyone who is suspected of drink driving will be reported to the police and asked to leave the park.
27. The refuse bins may only be used for the disposal of small household waste. Bulky items e.g. furniture, packaging etc. must be taken home or to the local tip. The cost of these bins is paid for by your rates. More waste equals larger bills.
28. Please do not introduce foreign items into the drainage system, especially wet wipes, nappies, incontinence pads, sanitary towels, condoms, cooking fat, oil, paint etc. This will upset our delicate treatment plants and cause them to fail. As a rule of thumb if it passed through your body or is toilet tissue that’s okay. Repairing the treatment plant is costly and again, will reflect in your rates bills.
29. Only private motor cars are permitted onto the park they must be fully roadworthy and taxed; motor homes, lorries, vans and commercial vehicles of any sort are allowed only by prior arrangement. Visitors’ cars and Caravan Owners’ second cars may only be parked near caravans if space allows. The Company will request that cars are relocated if their position is causing inconvenience to other Park users.
30. At times of snow and/or icy conditions, please note that we do not clear or grit roads and paths. We suggest that in such condition’s customers would be wise to vacate their holiday home and return home. Please check the prevailing weather conditions before travelling to the park.
31. All holiday homes must be adequately insured to cover the owner in the event of loss or damage and third-party liability and pitch debris clearance. Pipers height and Clifton Fields have a preferred insurer Group Scheme details are available from reception. Anybody who is not insured with the Group Scheme must provide evidence of their insurance policy annually.
32. External contractors are not permitted on the park.
33. Please do not visit the park if you have or suspect you may have, any illness which may be transmitted to someone else.
34. All holiday homeowners, their guests and tradesmen must not deliberately and/or persistently use social media of any kind in a way that it is calculated to be harmful or prejudicial to the company, its business or its employees.
PRIVACY NOTICE – CLIFTON LEISURE PARKS LIMITED
Any update to our privacy notice can also be found here and displayed in the park reception.
1. Who we are
Clifton Leisure Parks Limited, Pipers Height Caravan Park, Peel Road, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY4 5JT (Also including Clifton Fields Caravan Park) (we, us or our).
Under data protection law we are the ‘data controller’ of the personal information that we collect about you and as a data controller we have certain legal responsibilities concerning how we collect, use and share your personal information. We must inform you about this.
2. The information we collect
The types of personal information we collect from you include:
a) Information you provide to us – personal information that you provide to us including your contact details (i.e. your name, email address, phone number and postal address) and your bank account details.
b) Our correspondence – if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
c) Sales and services information – details of transactions that you make with us and details of the services we provide to you;
3. How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information in the following ways: a) to provide our services effectively to you – examples: to administer our services, including handling your requests, communicating with you (including about any offers or promotions); keeping up-to-date records about you and carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, to make payments to you and receive payments from you (where applicable).
b) to market to you – if you have not objected, to provide you with updates and offers about our products and services and the products or services of selected third-party companies that we think may be of interest to you. (See paragraph 0, ‘Transfers of personal information’, below for further information). We may use your information for marketing our own services to you by post, phone, email and text message and, where required by law, we will ask for your consent at the time we collect your data to conduct any of these types of marketing. We will provide an option to unsubscribe or opt-out of further communication on any electronic marketing communication sent to you or you may opt out by contacting us using the details in the ‘Contact us’ section of this privacy notice. If at any time you do not want us to contact you for marketing purposes, you can let us know by contacting us using these contact details.
4. Transfers of personal information
We may permit selected third-party companies to use your personal information, for the purposes set out in the section ‘How we may use your personal information’ (above). These companies may use this information to contact you. Selected third parties will be subject to obligations to process your personal information in compliance with the same safeguards that we deploy.
We work with carefully selected insurance intermediaries, who are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, to provide you with information about relevant insurance services. If we intend to pass your details to them, we will inform you beforehand and give you an opportunity to object. If you tell us that you do not wish to have this information passed on we will respect your wishes.
Leisuredays Insurance, Pemberton Holiday Homes, Lakes Coast and Dales Holiday Homes, Westfield and Kendal Caravans, Lakeland Verandas’, Choice caravans and Victory Leisure homes.
We confirm that all personal information held by us about you will remain in (and will not be transferred outside of) the United Kingdom.
5. How long will we keep your personal information?
Where you have expressed an interest in our products or services / where we have collected your contact details for us to provide you with information about our services, we will keep your information for 1 year, or until you ask us to stop sending you such information.
Where you have purchased a product or service form us, we will keep your personal information for so long as we are providing you with insurance services, plus for 7 years, to deal with any queries, complaints or legal claims you may have.
6. Legal grounds to process
The legal grounds we rely on to process your personal information are that processing is necessary for:
c) our legitimate business interests or those of a third party and these interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms in relation to the protection of your personal information. Our legitimate business interests include enabling us to provide you with products, services and information about our products and services (marketing). Third party legitimate business interests include the promotion of insurance services to you so that we have enough insurance coverage at our site(s);
d) our performance of a contract made with you. This includes our providing you with products and services and our taking steps at your request towards, and in anticipation of, providing you with products and services;
e) our compliance with legal or regulatory obligations.
7. Your rights in relation to your personal information
If you have any questions in relation to our use of your personal information, you should first contact us using the contact in the ‘Contact us’ section of this privacy notice.
Under certain conditions, you may have the right to request us to:
(a) provide you with further details on the use we make of your personal information;
(b) provide you with a copy of personal information that we have collected about you;
(c) update any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold;
(d) delete any personal information that we no longer have a lawful ground to use;
(e) object to our use of your personal information if our use of your personal information is causing you undue harm. In such a case we must cease using your personal information for that purpose.
8. Contact us
If you have any questions, or you would like to find out more about this privacy notice you can write or email to us at: Pipers Height Caravan Park Peel road Blackpool FY45JT.
Email us at: email@example.com